How Do South Dakotans Feel About Their Smiles?
How do you feel about your smile? Does it give you confidence, or hold you back from achieving your goals in life? In 2015 the American Dental Association conducted an innovative household survey to answer these questions.
The results are in, and they’re pretty interesting. Here’s how South Dakotan’s feel about their oral health.
- 1 in 4 adults feel embarrassed due to the condition of their teeth
- 1 in 4 adults avoid smiling due to the condition of their teeth
- 23% of adults experience anxiety due to the condition of their teeth
- 98% of all adults say they value oral health
- Money is the greatest obstacle for oral health
For more facts, and all the stats, download the full infographic or view it online here. Almost everyone believes straight, bright teeth help you get ahead in life. If you’re looking for an orthodontist in Brookings or Madison to help you get ahead, look no further. Come see us at Meyer Orthodontics for a free consultation with a board certified orthodontist.