Six MUST-ASK Questions for Your Orthodontic Consultation
Your orthodontic consultation is an important first step in what could become a long relationship with your orthodontist. You’ll want to leave the office confident in their ability to improve your smile as efficiently as possible.
The best way to know that your smile is in good hands, is to be sure they are a licensed, board certified orthodontist with the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO). They should have the logo present in their office and their literature, but if you’re not sure just ask!
If the orthodontist you’re considering seeing isn’t AAO-certified, of course we encourage you to reconsider. But if an AAO-certified orthodontist isn’t an option for you, here are six questions you should ask them when considering their services.
- Did you attend a full-time orthodontic specialist residency?
- Will you correct my bite and straighten all of my teeth?
- Can you show me cases you have treated that are similar to mine?
- How will your orthodontic treatment affect my facial profile?
- Did an orthodontic specialist treat your children’s smiles?
- Did an orthodontic specialist treat your smile?
Write down the answers to these questions. How do you feel about entrusting your or your child’s smile to their care?
Finding an Orthodontist in South Dakota
If you’re not sure how to go about finding a certified orthodontist, you can use the Find an Orthodontist tool on the AAO website.
Of course, if you’re looking for a licensed, board-certified orthodontist in Brookings, Madison or the surrounding South Dakota areas, look no further than Meyer Orthodontics. Call or message us to schedule a free consultation. We’d love to see your smile and answer all of your question.